American Express betting sites in Ohio
As a bettor, you are always on the lookout for the best Amex sportsbooks in Ohio. Well, you have come to the right place because this article will help you choose the top American Express betting sites in Ohio.
- Best American express betting sites in Ohio 2023
- How to deposit in Amex betting sites in Ohio
- Pros and Cons of using AMEX at sportsbooks in Ohio
- Alternatives to American Express
- Qualities of the best OH AMEX betting sites
Best American express betting sites in Ohio 2023
American Express betting sites in Ohio: All sites are 100% legal & licensed by the OCCC.
|DraftKings Sportsbook Bet $5, get $200 in bonus bets||Bet now DraftKings Ohio review|
|FanDuel Sportsbook Bet $5 get $200 in bonus bets||Bet now FanDuel Ohio review|
|Caesars Sportsbook Up to $1,500 in bet credits||Bet now Caesars Ohio promo|
|bet365 Sportsbook Bet $1 Get $200 in bet credits||Bet now bet365 Ohio review|
|SuperBook Sportsbook Get up to $1,000 bonus||Bet now SuperBook Ohio promo|
|Betfred Sportsbook Get up to $1,111 in Fred Bets||Bet now Betfred Ohio review|
|BetMGM Sportsbook Up to $1,000 first bet insurance||Bet now BetMGM Ohio review|
|PointsBet Sportsbook Up to $2,000 in bet credits||Bet now Pointsbet Ohio bonus|
|BetRivers Sportsbook Get up to $500 in bonus||Bet now BetRivers Ohio review|
How to deposit in Amex betting sites in Ohio
- Find all sportsbooks that accept American Express.
- This is easy stuff, and you can find Amex-friendly Ohio sportsbooks with a simple Google search.
- Register with your chosen sportsbook by filling in your name, email address, password, and so on.
- Once you are done with the above, go to the Cashier, then Deposit.
- Click Deposit and choose Cards, and then further select American Express.
- Now enter your card details like your name, card number, CVV, date of expiry, and so on.
- Enter the amount you wish to deposit.
- At this stage, ensure that you are on a secure connection, else, your payment might be hacked.
- Confirm all the details and then click Pay.
How to withdraw from American Express betting sites in Ohio
Follow the same process that we have detailed above, except in this case, you must choose Withdraw. Usually, sportsbooks in Ohio pay by the same method that you have used for depositing funds.
Check deposit and withdrawal limits
Every Amex sportsbook has different banking options in Ohio and payment limits which are similar to the PayPal betting sites, and these may go up to $1000 or even more. You should also check the payment frequency of these betting sites, which means how quickly they pay their customers.
While Amex is a brilliant payment option, it suffers from a few drawbacks.
Pros and Cons of using AMEX at sportsbooks in Ohio
- Wide acceptability – You’ll find many sportsbooks in Ohio accepting American Express. This means you don’t have to use another payment option just to lay bets on your favorite sport or tournament.
- Security – Because Amex cards use encryption, paying with these cards is secure and safe. This means your payments through Amex cards will go to the intended sportsbook only and nowhere else.
- Reward points – Amex rewards its customers. Every time you pay via this card, you’ll receive extra points, and you can use these rewards to claim several benefits.
- Trust – Amex is one of the most well-known American brands and is known for professionalism and integrity.
- High transaction fees – Your card issuer can charge high amounts on your payments and withdrawals, so this may frustrate many budget-conscious bettors.
While Amex is indeed a reliable payment option, you should also do your own background checks. For example, you must always sign-up with licensed Amex sportsbooks. You can find your sportsbook’s license information in the About Us section. If no such information is available, contact Customer Care.
Alternatives to American Express
It’s not uncommon to see some Ohio sports betting decline American Express transactions. In such cases, you should have backup payment options. Some of these are:
Also known as virtual wallets, these payment options are as secure as credit and debit cards. Furthermore, e-wallets are convenient because you don’t have to carry these around in the literal sense.
This payment option allows you to play up to a certain limit. It’s easy to buy cash cards, and you can get these at gas stations, shopping malls, and so on. The best part about prepaid vouchers or cash cards is they are convenient to use.
Lately, some sportsbooks in Ohio have begun accepting payments in BTC and other cryptos. If you intend to play on these betting sites, you must have a crypto wallet ready.
There are other popular card-based alternatives to Amex, and these are:
All Amex sportsbooks in Ohio don’t look the same because some have more features than others. Look out for these qualities while choosing the best American Express betting sites in Ohio.
Qualities of the best OH AMEX betting sites
Sports and tournaments
The best American Express betting sites in Ohio have all four sporting tournaments in the US. These tournaments are the NFL, NBA, NHL, and MLB. In addition, you will usually find the following sports covered by these online sportsbooks:
Betting options and markets
Invariably, leading Amex betting sites in Ohio cover a wide variety of betting options and markets. These include:
- Point Spread
- Totals or Over/Under
- Prop bets
Additionally, you can place in-game bets or what is popularly known as live betting, on these platforms.
The best Ohio sports betting promo codes and bonuses used by Amex cards reduce the gambling risk and place bettors ahead of others in the betting game. Check if your Amex sportsbook in Ohio has one or more of the following bonuses:
Some American Express betting sites in Ohio have other promotions as well. Make sure you have read and understood all the bonus rules before laying your first stake.
Offshore betting sites
Avoid playing on any offshore betting site even if it is offering lucrative deals. You may lose money on these entities. On the other hand, sportsbooks located in Ohio are reliable because they must follow all the rules laid down by the local regulator.
This technology varies from one sportsbook to another. Some sites use 128-bit encryption while others have 256-bit encryption. In simple words, through encryption betting sites hide your payments and other vital information from hackers. Ask the Customer Care department if you don’t know what technology your betting site is using.
If a site has ‘https’ in its url, it means you can deposit and receive funds on this platform securely. These American Express betting sites in Ohio sometimes show a lock-like symbol in their urls.
Usually, all the top American Express betting sites in Ohio are available on mobile devices as well. You can access these sportsbooks on iOS and Android devices, and what’s more, operate them with Chrome and other browsers. There are two ways to access mobile sportsbooks. Either download them from the Play Store or launch them on the go. An important point to note is that mobile sportsbooks have roughly the same features as their web counterparts. Thus, you get the same betting markets, sports, bonuses and other features.
The Ohio Casino Control Gaming Commission regulates all forms of gambling and betting in the state. This organization has the power to license sports betting sites, frame rules as well as cancel the licenses of offenders. While sports betting is legal in Ohio, only people over 21 can wager online.